Follow these steps to make your business profile stand out, fill in all the details including a logo, pictures and even a Special Deal! Take a look at what some of our members have already added to their Members Special Deals section.
One of the benefits of being a member of the Marion County Chamber of Commerce is that you get to set up a profile for your business on our site. But not just a name and number kind of profile, a full profile that can serve as a marketing piece for your business. And one of the best parts of being able to create your own Marion County Chamber of Commerce member profile is that you have complete control over every part of it. It’s all yours. Plus, you can make changes to it any time you want, as often as you want.
So, here’s a step-by-step process of how to create your member profile.
1. Member Sign In Scroll over the Membership tab in the top navigation and select the drop down option, “Member Sign-In” (or click here to be taken directly there)
2. Manage your account When you arrive at the Manage Account screen, you’ll want to select the second radial button “You are a member but do not have a password,” and follow the directions.
You’ll be sent a password to the email address we have on file. If you don’t receive your password shortly, check your spam filter. Once you receive the email with the password in it, you can log in to your profile.
Note: If you already have a password, you can simply log in using it. And if you forget it, you can simply reset it (as often as you need to).
3. Update your About information (if necessary).
Here you can update your name, address, email address, phone number etc.
Note: the field “Name” should be your business name and “Contact person” should be you. If you made any changes, click “Save and Continue.”
4. Click on the Profile tab.
Here you can update your “business card.” You can upload your logo as well as write out a tagline up to 80 characters. Note: Don’t put your name here. Instead, put a tagline in that’s keyword rich in order to help your search engine optimization.
Also, for each block on the profile page you’ll see a question mark with the words, “Learn more”. Click on the question mark to see a video explaining how to do each of these steps.
5. Create your Profile Gallery.
Here you can upload up to eight images about your business. We recommend you upload a picture of you first and then add images about your business.
6. Write your profile description.
The key to writing a great profile is thinking like a marketer. Don’t focus on you; focus on what your target market is looking for. Since the search engine for this member directory is content and context driven, you’ll want to use the key words that someone would search to find you.
In other words, if you do “wealth management for high net worth clients” or “incentive plans for key employees” or you offer, “event insurance” or you specialize in “reputation management,” make sure those words appear in your profile. Any words you think someone would search on to find you and your business, put those in your profile.
7. Add Social Media Make sure you add your social links (like Linkedin, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). Just insert the URLs for your accounts and the ones you use will appear in your profile.
8. Make sure you click on “Save & Continue.”
9. Create a Special Deal Lastly but certainly not the least, you can create a special deal any time you want to. You can name your deal and even add a photo. Be sure to change it for the seasons or any time you want to feature a sale or a special package.
Remember, this is an opportunity for you to market what you do to our membership, as well as to anyone in the Marion County and Jefferson Texas market who might want what you have to offer.
So, take advantage of this opportunity right now. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to do (other than your time) and the potential for more business is huge.
There are many amazingly easy photo editors online one is called Pixlr, pixlr.com another is called Canva, www.canva.com . Click the links to use either of the editors. Pictures uploaded to the website should be no more than 900 pixels wide, the video below will guide you through editing, resizing and saving your profile photos. Once adjustments are made and your pictures are saved as a .jpg you can then upload them to your membership profile.